Stripes, spots and Animal PrintRead more
Do you know that wearing lipstick has benefits? Here are just a few of them:
Confidence. Who doesn't feel exponentially sexier after a swipe of lipstick? Answer: no one!.
The lips appear fuller. But the mouth isn't the only facial feature it helps to define. A pop of colour on the lower part of your face makes the pop of colour on top—your eyes—look bigger and more defined.
Posture. Surprising, isn't it? Studies have shown that women who regularly wear lipstick have better posture than those who don't. One study revealed that the act of "stretching" to put on lipstick improves balance and coordination, and thereby makes you stand taller!
Swiping on lip colour is the easiest (and quickest) way to look put-together sans foundation, mascara, eyeliner, et al. Less prep time in the morning is always much appreciated.
“Working remotely will be familiar for some, but a whole new experience for others. And with the advent of technology such as Zoom, WhatsApp and Skype, it means that we can connect easily with our work colleagues. But how do we dress for online video calls?
Follow my tips to ensure that you’re looking your absolute best in front of the camera:
1. Forget ‘neutrals’ such as beige, taupe, camel and stone. This is certainly not the time to be shy! Insipid shades don’t fare well in front of the camera. Instead opt for a bold shade from your palette. Navy or charcoal grey would be better than black.
2. Busy patterns can be distracting, and stripes are a big no-no as they tend to strobe on screen. Block colours are much better.
3. If you can, sit in front of a plain background (neutral colours work well in this instance).
4. Accessories can be annoying particularly layered bangles that jangle; keep them to a minimum. Dangly earrings can be distracting so opt for smaller studs. Consider just wearing one necklace – quiet one!
5. Check your buttons and neckline before going ‘live’ to avoid an embarrassing faux pas.
6. Make-up can look different online so it’s a good idea to view yourself via your computer screen beforehand. Shimmery eye shadows and highlighters can look just that… shimmery! Opt for matte finishes instead.
7. As tempting as it may be to wear loungewear all day, it would certainly boost your confidence (and your mood) if you wore something smarter. There’s probably no requirement to wear full business dress but dressing up will definitely make you feel better about yourself.”